Friday, July 16, 2010

#562 - The Color of Money

The Color of Money is the sequel to movie number 534, The Hustler. Unlike the first film though this film has Eddie as more of a respectable man who decides to try and train a new kid to be a great pool shark. Now Paul Newman returned for this movie as Eddie but we have the addition of Tom Cruise as the mentored pool player which works as a good dynamic. As with my main compliant with The Hustler the whole film focuses on pool and to me pool is not that exciting of a game. The acting is great as always with Newman but it would have been nice if the film had a different focus. The one thing that surprised me though was that about halfway through the film Forest Whitaker shows up and as usual swept me off my feet with his style and classiness. It was nice to see him even for such a small part. Otherwise I give the film 3/5 stars because it was pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment